Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

Movie Review - The Good Dinosaur *Warning: Mild Spoilers*



Okay, not only did this movie make me cry about 75% of the time, but The Good Dinosaur is ridiculously well animated. The fact that Pixar went all the way to add so many details is incredible. Most of the scenes ( which were outside ) made it seem so real that I couldn't help but question if they actually animated the movie. Enough about the graphics, the basics of this movie is: What if the asteroid that originally wiped out the dinosaurs didn't hit the planet? This movie tells about a story of a little dinosaur family that lives near a mountain. The family consists of a father, mother, two boys, and a girl. Poppa, Momma, Libby, Buck, and Arlo. Arlo being the smallest and the most vulnerable ends up getting taken away from the family farm. Arlo ends up meeting a small boy, who also is a "caveman", by the name of Spot (which was Arlo's name for him). Spot and Arlo who don't like each other at first, end up being each others company. Through out the movie it shows that Arlo is easily scared and fragile until the end where all the character development hits the viewer in the face. Alro over comes his fear and ends up helping Spot when he's in major trouble.

So all in all I think this movie was amazing and I would absolutely recommend anyone to watch it.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review! I wanted to watch this movie over winter break with my nephews, but we never had the chance. I look forward to the amazing graphics and storyline... and I will make sure I bring tissues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watched this movie recently, liked it too.

    ReplyDelete