Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Oh Amazing Food

Everyone eats. Doesn't matter if it's healthy, junk, weird diets, Mexican, Indian, Chinese, we all eat. If you've ever been terrified of having it stuck in your throat while slowly losing your breath and maybe passing out please raise your hand. I currently am typing with one hand. I will tell you a story about when I was little.

I don't remember all of the details but I have enough to tell you a good chunk of the story. So I was around five or some years old, no older than ten. I remember staying home, watching TV and Nickelodeon was playing reruns of Spongebob Squarepants. I remember waiting patiently for lunch that my mom was gonna make. Then suddenly-

"Caro!" My mom called for me from the kitchen. Now, Caro is my nickname just for your information. I rushed to her, I mean c'mon, what five or so year old doesn't like food? As soon as I found out it was chicken nuggets I was quite ecstatic, seriously, who doesn't like chicken nuggets? Especially dinosaur shaped? Being the small child I was, I went into my living room and laid down on the floor, continuing to watch Spongebob. Now, I'm not 500% sure how many chicken nuggets I got but all I remember what that by the third or fourth one, something got stuck in my throat. Whenever I generally take a big bite now that I'm older I try chewing it to bits and pieces terrified of the day that something lodges in my throat and murders me.

A five (or so) year old gets a chicken nugget stuck in her throat, what does she do? Panic for about five seconds before running to mom. I ran into that kitchen about as fast as my little legs could in all honesty. As soon as I turned the corner to tell my mom, I still couldn't breath and then I realized I couldn't talk. I thought I was a goner, so I started crying and I tried my best pointing and waving my arms at my mom to let her know that there was something that was stuck and it wasn't supposed to be there but she just thought I was being dramatic before she realized I was scared and crying. Yes, I did start crying because it was getting more difficult to breath by the minute (now that I think about it, I couldn't breath in the first place).

After much time being wasted my mom finally caught on and I was red in the face from crying and not breathing she led me to the bathroom. I'm actually not sure who did the Heimlich maneuver on me, whether it was my mom or my brother I don't know, but someone was doing it.  I eventually spit out the head of a dinosaur (never thought I would ever type that sentence but hey there's a first for everything) and I was finally breathing. I honestly don't care who made me spit it out but I'll thank them until the ends of the earth. I cried for a while after that. Moral of the story, don't trust those stupid dinosaur chicken nuggets. What an adventure.i have other stories but that's for another time.



No comments:

Post a Comment