Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

I'm Still Here

Hiii, so this week's blog is about how teens, or kids in general that kept a journal during the Holocaust. This is supposed to be a diary entry and so I'm writing it from my OCs (original character) POV instead of mine! Her name is Elizabeth and she has brown/black hair, she has brown eyes before this whole accident thing happened but that's not important right now :b 


March 12th, 1942 

Dear diary, 
        It's been 3 months since Ma and Dad left with Ross. I miss them, the last thing I remember is fighting with Dad. He said things I'm sure he didn't mean but that doesn't make it hurt any less. Ross left with a gigantic smile on his face but with fear in his eyes. Ross promised that he was going to find me and we would find each other again. Ma was crying the whole time, sobbing out her sentences, "be brave Liz, be brave" I couldn't look her in the eyes or else I'd cry, too. 

I'm being taken care of by our neighbors, they don't let me out. At least I have a friend. His name is Andy, he has blue eyes and brown hair but he doesn't believe in anything. He's safe I guess, but his parents are always worried that he's going to be taken away. Andy had a sister that was brown haired and brown eyed, everyone in his family is Christian or Catholic, no one has ever been Jewish. 

His passion is music and he's good at creating music, too. He likes to make stacks of pans and boxes, grabbing two wooden spoons and banging on them. 

"Bang the doldrums!" He would always yell, then his mom would always come in to the room and hiss at him to be quiet. I'd be next to him, laughing. Andy has three other friends that come over, Patrick, Pete, and Joe. Joe is Jewish, too. He told me that his friends and parents were in hiding but he manages to sneak out at night or during the day when people are gone. 

It's interesting how things work, one day people are smiling and being kind to you but then the next they're staring at you like you're cancer.

I hope my family is okay, I wouldn't be able to live alone if they died or got kidnapped or something. 

I have to go, dinner is ready, I'll write again tomorrow, and as always if anyone finds this, help as many people as you can. 

signed, Elizabeth Cuchki





2 comments: